Monday 14 May 2012

Fashion field trip...Ballgowns at da V&A.. ♥♥♥

I am currently lusting over a certain exhibition I saw featured in some magazine of my mothers. Ballgowns: British Glamour since 1950, at the Victoria and Albert Mueseum, V&A to its mates.It feautres dresses worn by royalty and stiched by the best. I think a good example is this beauty by Erdem...







Images from V&A website

The V&A has been a friend to me in the past when we have gone culture hunting. When I say we, I mean me and my mum. My dad is far too lazy, my sister nine years old and much more into Moshi Monsters than Vivienne Westwood dresses. Reasons why I ♥ the V&A...


1.The giant glass bouble in the entrance never ceases to amaze me.


2. I am often so flubbergasted by the BLATANT GORGEOUSNESS of the cafe I often forget about my prawn and lemon mayo baguette (oh lala indeed) and ginger beer.


3. It attracts some arty types, and is a central for people watchers while you are pretending to take in Balinese Etchings.


4. The gift shop. I ADORE gift shops. Last time, I brought the cutest little pocket mirror, my mum a print, and got a FABULOUS plastic bag printed with all thesse vintage type flowers which I use for P.E...


5. I also feel admittedly cultured and arty when my fellow classmates ask what the V&A is. I answer all loftily, ''Oh, just this gallery. You should check out the *apply lastest exhibition*''

6. There are  all these cute little tea shops around there, if you are STILL hungry after the delicacies on offer in the V&A.

So, for a fashion field trip to culture yourself in lovely dresses, high standard people watching and yummy baguettes, tis DA Place to be seen

x

No comments:

Post a Comment